World Federation of Hemophilia • Elections
The Federation of the Italian Associations of Haemophilia Patients is proud to support Prof Gringeri’s candidacy as Vice President of the World Federation of Haemophilia.
This year’s Congress of the WFH (Paris, France, July 8-12, 2012) will be the occasion to renew the Vice-Presidency of WFH. The choice of a wise and pro-active candidate is important for the WFH and for us as a community.
We gladly welcome the candidacy of Prof Alessandro Gringeri, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Milan, Italy.
Prof Gringeri can account not only a longstanding experience at one of the most excellent Haemophilia Centres (the Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Haemophilia Centre) but also a long record of research activity in the field of haemophilia acknowledging important international clinical trials. His research in cooperation with developing countries counterparts contributes to foster the progress abd quality of care for haemophilia patients in less privileged countries. His numerous publications and his activity with haemophilia patients’ associations not only as a clinician but also as a spokesman of the patients’ issues at a national ‘political’ level demonstrate his commitment to the community. He is an active member of the Medical Advisory Group of the European Haemophilia Consortium and of the Italian Federation of Haemophilia Associations (FedEMo).
His plan for the development of the WFH are summarized in five major points:
- DEFEND and maintain the high levels of care in Developed/Highly indebted countries in an era of global financial crisis
- Encourage a FULL DEVELOPMENT of care network in emerging countries
- Fill the GAP in poor countries with a special focus to Africa and Asia
- Promote a fast introduction of NEW THERAPIES
- Stimulate CLINICAL RESEARCH to be extended to centres all over the world (and not always the usual centres and countries), in order to boost the experience also of peripheral centres without forgetting the ethical issues of a clinical research in poor areas
- curriculum vitae [PDF: 96 Kb]
- list of pubblication [PDF: 223 Kb]
21.06.2011. Benghazi Medical Centre (BMC), Benghazi, Libia
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.